Pre-Season friendly


ST NEOTS SAINTS       4       TEAM BURY      0


(Match abandoned after 47 minutes due to injury)

 An extremely entertaining pre-season outing was sadly curtailed just two minutes into the second half because of a serious neck injury sustained by the visiting goalkeeper Ben Mills. There was then a fifty minute wait for the arrival of an ambulance with the stricken player prone on the pitch and inevitably this brought the match to a premature end.  

The incident came when Mills was involved in an accidental collision with an onrushing opponent. The home team packed full of new talent from the club academy and other trialists, showed lots of promise and it was a great pity that the match was not completed. However the first 45 minutes had been well worth seeing and Saints Manager Lydia Bedford must have been very encouraged by the performance of her side who start their league campaign on Sunday 2nd August during the United Counties League ground hop festival, when they travel to Thrapston Town.

Right from the first whistle Saints served up an exciting brand of direct attacking football and in the second minute Luis Vieira brought a good save from Ben Mills but the ball ran loose and Peter Clark saw his follow up shot rebound from a post.   However in the next attack a minute later Saints went in front as Kelvin Osei-Addo crossed from the bye line for Bamousa Cisse to score.

Nine minutes later the score was doubled as Dan Hobbs glided past his marker to pull the ball back and Clark added the second goal. It was not all one way as the visitors looked impressive on the break but their finishing left much to be desired with Dan Hammett and Jake Eady both shooting well off target after good approach work.

Cisse then fired over the bar after good work by Lewis Davis and Hobbs but after 28 minutes it was 3-0 to the Saints after Luis Vieira had cleverly round the keeper to set up Clark for his second goal. 

Two more Bury efforts from substitute Scott McGavin and Joji Kawaguchi both flew harmlessly over the bar and then eight minutes before the break a 25 yards strike by Clark saw him complete a memorable hat trick.  

Right on half time Bury should have claimed a consolation goal when Ryan Yallop set up Hammett but unmarked at the far post he headed tamely over the bar.

It was planned to introduce St Neots Senior players after the break but sadly the match ended prematurely.


Saints:  Olly Sutton, George Berkes, Ben Burton, Peter Clark, Tom Ward, Lewis Strafford, Dan Hobbs, Lewis Davis, Bamousa Cisse, Kelvin Osei-Addo, Luis Vieira.


Substitute used: Claudio Ofusu


John Walker



Breaking News...

Saints are delighted to announce that influential midfielder Matt Mitchell - King has decided to sign for another season. 

The former captain of Crewe Alexandra and Wimbledon joined up with Manager David Batch last February and was a key figure in the push to the play-off final. 

Also able to operate in a central defensive position, Matty is another versatile player who adds options to the team. 

'Matty has turned down more lucrative offers from Conference National clubs to commit here because of the professional approach everyone at the club has.

First team manager David Batch said,

That is exactly the type of commitment and player we want here, where the environment we create and the team is top priority, with the pay check coming second'. 



Manager David Batch got what he expected after an away draw at Dereham on Saturday. 

With Players who collectively scored near 100 Goals last season missing for various reasons the match really ended up a bit like a training exercise.

David Commented. 

'The only thing I really learned was that Tom Meecham in a wide position is another option for us'.

'We had so many attacking options unavailable, the game went entirely as I expected it to go, so it became simply a case of getting a few more minutes into the legs of the players we did have'. 

With several returning from injury and holiday, David expects to include around 6 more senior players in the squad next Saturday, although prolific strikers Lee Clarke and Drew Roberts will not be included. 

'Lee is still on best man duties abroad until after the weekend and Drew will need a quick operation on an injury which we hope will see him back shortly'. 

Our last chance to get a near to full side out against Concord Rangers this Saturday before a full weeks training and the overnight trip to Bideford the following Saturday.


Please be aware that tomorrow evening's friendly with Bury Town will now see us fielding a youthful looking side with possibly a sprinkling of First Team players.

Bury Town will likewise be sending a squad consisting of Team Bury and Academy players.

For this reason, we have decided that there will now be NO ADMISSION CHARGE for this fixture.

Please enter the Stadium via Reedmans Bar.

Thank you for your continued support



Pre-Season Friendly



With seven senior team regulars either rested or unavailable this proved to be a useful guide of the depth of strength of the St Neots squad as they earned an evenly fought draw against the Ryman League side that had beaten them in an FA Cup encounter last season.  


On a blustery afternoon St Neots shaded the first half but the home side rallied late in the game to carve out an equalising goal.  

The Manager shuffled his available players to useful effect producing a solid looking defence that featured an impressive first middle of defence partnership of Conner Hall and Tom Ward and although his side looked lightweight in attack David Batch will be pleased the way his less experienced players competed with a solid looking Dereham side.

St Neots began confidently and after five minutes Remy Gordon tested the home keeper after clever approach work by Jack Wilkinson.  


Then five minutes later St Neots were in front when a well-placed Gordon free kick created panic in the home defence and Reece Logan under pressure stretched to turn the ball past his own goalkeeper.  

St Neots continued to dictate the early play and Tom Meechan fired over the bar and Luis Vieira saw his effort well saved by James Viner.

Andrew Ofusu saw an acrobatic volley deflected by a defender but towards the end of the first half Dereham rallied as Reece Logan brought a useful save from Jamie Greygoose before the keeper had to dive bravely at the feet of Nathan Russell to smother his shot.

St Neots almost increased their lead a minute after the restart when an in swinging Gordon corner went straight through the packed six yard box only for substitute Luke Tuttle to head off the goal line.  


As Dereham had their best spell of the match Greygoose was twice in important action making two excellent saves to deny both Tuttle and Logan and then Ebey Marango went close at the other end.  

Inevitably as both sides introduced substitutes the match lost something of its rhythm but continued to be competitive but with fewer direct shots on target.  

Joining the attack from his full back berth Jamie Anton twice shot wide from distance and just eight minutes remained when Dereham snatched an equaliser.  

It came after Fraser Blake-Tracy outwitted his marker on the left and crossed to the far post where defender and goalkeeper seemed to leave the ball to the other and Tuttle forced the ball over the line at the far post.  

It was probably a fair result to a competitive encounter played out in testing conditions.

St Neots:  Greygoose, Anton, Wilkinson, Tann, Ward, Hall, Meechan, Harty, Ofusu, Vieira, Gordon.


Second half substitutes:  Marango, Burton, Clark, Davis, Hobbs and Jeckells 

John Walker



Pre season friendly


Saints first pre-season run out under new Manager Lydia Bedford proved to be a very impressive start for Manager and team. 


Featuring many new faces including members of the new Club scholarship scheme the Saints served up a pacey and direct brand of football that produced half a dozen goals to enjoy.

Haverhill scored in their first attack after just three minutes when defensive indecision let in Tyrone Alleyne to score from close range but that was as good as it got for the visitors. 

From that point on Saints dominated much of the play with some excellent attacking football.  

After 11 minutes Dan Hobbs signalled the comeback with a well taken equalising goal and then two goals in a five minutes spell from exciting young prospect Luis Vieira put the home side firmly in control with a 3-1 half time lead.

In the second half Saints wheeler on further trialists but maintained their high profile attacking style of play and Kelvin Osei-Addo leading their attack made it 4-1 after 71minutes before confidently tucking away a penalty kick seven minutes later after he had been upended.  

Sean Barker one of last season’s U18 starlets completed the scoring three minutes from time.

John Walker



With pre-season well and truly underway it was time to catch up with David Batch and get his assessment on the new squad. Highlights of the Saints work out against Hendon included.

Video: Action & Reaction

Challenge a Pro competition – deadline tomorrow (24 July)




And a second competition to enter (click on the link below


 Be part of the Official Posh Photo Day on 29th July (deadline 27th July)


Saints U21s will play Haverhill U21s tomorrow night Thursday 23rd July 2015

at Rowley park The Premier Plus Stadium 

With a kick off at 7-45pm

Admission will be FREE


Congratulations to Drew Roberts on winning the Golden Boot award for being the top goalscorer in the Southern League Premier division for last season.

Drew receives his Golden Boot from another top goalscorer Teddy Sheringham.

Video:Drew and Teddy