Pre season friendly


Saints first pre-season run out under new Manager Lydia Bedford proved to be a very impressive start for Manager and team. 


Featuring many new faces including members of the new Club scholarship scheme the Saints served up a pacey and direct brand of football that produced half a dozen goals to enjoy.

Haverhill scored in their first attack after just three minutes when defensive indecision let in Tyrone Alleyne to score from close range but that was as good as it got for the visitors. 

From that point on Saints dominated much of the play with some excellent attacking football.  

After 11 minutes Dan Hobbs signalled the comeback with a well taken equalising goal and then two goals in a five minutes spell from exciting young prospect Luis Vieira put the home side firmly in control with a 3-1 half time lead.

In the second half Saints wheeler on further trialists but maintained their high profile attacking style of play and Kelvin Osei-Addo leading their attack made it 4-1 after 71minutes before confidently tucking away a penalty kick seven minutes later after he had been upended.  

Sean Barker one of last season’s U18 starlets completed the scoring three minutes from time.

John Walker



With pre-season well and truly underway it was time to catch up with David Batch and get his assessment on the new squad. Highlights of the Saints work out against Hendon included.

Video: Action & Reaction

Challenge a Pro competition – deadline tomorrow (24 July)




And a second competition to enter (click on the link below


 Be part of the Official Posh Photo Day on 29th July (deadline 27th July)


Saints U21s will play Haverhill U21s tomorrow night Thursday 23rd July 2015

at Rowley park The Premier Plus Stadium 

With a kick off at 7-45pm

Admission will be FREE


Congratulations to Drew Roberts on winning the Golden Boot award for being the top goalscorer in the Southern League Premier division for last season.

Drew receives his Golden Boot from another top goalscorer Teddy Sheringham.

Video:Drew and Teddy




100 goals missing!


Saints go into their first away friendly of this pre season with no fewer than 7 senior players unavailable, including Nathan Frater, Lee Clarke, Drew Roberts and Ryan Hawkins - who between them netted nearly 100 goals last season!

Brett Longden, Ollie Thorne and Danny Gay are the others unavailable to Manager David Batch who will be hoping for continued high performance levels from his newly formed squad. 
Sam Harty and Jack Wilkinson make their second appearance after coming through 45 mins last Saturday v Hendon and excellent news is that Tom Ward is set for his first appearance so far after recovering from a slight strain. 

Many Thanks,



Pre-Season Friendly



Two teams beaten in the Step Three play offs at the end of last season for a place in the newly christened National League met at the Premier Plus Stadium to produce a compelling a competitive match that proved to be an excellent work out for both.  After two ‘showpiece’ matches again Football League visitors this was a serious workout that saw St Neots field eight players in their starting line-up not with the club at the end of last season.


There were some notable individual performances in an all-round very satisfactory performance that saw the home side deservedly ease into a three goals half time lead.  

Then after the break Manager David Batch introduced eight substitutes to give them some competitive playing time as they seek to win either signing on or first team berths.  

Leading the way were the impressive strike force of Ryan Hawkins, Tom Meechan and Remy Gordon each of whom contributed first half goals and Connor Hall in defence and the experience Ollie Thorne who patrolled the midfield with ruthless determination. Hendon rallied after the break but had no complaint in defeat.

It took St Neots just eight minutes to open the scoring with a classic goal as Tom Meechan fed Remy Gordon who left his marker for dead to cross for Ryan Hawkins to burst through a statuesque defence to score.


Meechan was also involved in the build up to the second goal which saw Gordon rob a hesitant defender to double the lead just two minutes later.

Goalkeeper Danny Gay had to execute an acrobatic save to push an Andre Da Costa effort over his crossbar but despite having a reasonable share of possession Hendon seldom threatened.

Jack Wilkinson did have to clear off the line from Da Costa after Gay had only parried an effort from Aaron Morgan but the icing on St Neots first half performance came six minutes before the break when Hawkins cleverly freed up Meechan who showed great skill and confidence to outsmart a defender and round the visiting keeper to score.

Hendon looked better organised and more determined after the break and Gay needed two attempts to save a stinging shot from Elliott Braithwaite. 


Then on the hour a virtuoso goal from Jake Cass put the visitors back in the game as he cut in to beat Gay with a searing right foot effort. Gay then made a good save to deny Sam Murphy but he was helpless after 69 minutes when Murphy produced a swerving effort into the far corner of the net. 

 At 3-2 it looked as though the visitors might produce a real come back but just three minutes after their second goal Ollie Thorne spotted the substitute keeper off his line to net with a 35 yards thunderbolt worthy of settling any contest.

St Neots:  Gay, Tann, Wilkinson, Thorne, Hall, Mitchel-King, Clark, Anton, Meechan, Hawkins, Gordon.


Second half substitutes:  Vieira, Harty, Farrell, Hobbs, Henrick, Ofusu, Risby and Greygoose (gk)


Attendance 201


John Walker


Hendon preview

Manager David Batch was hoping to step up pre season preparations tomorrow, with the introduction of several senior first team squad players who thus far have been unavailable for the first two matches. 

Slight injuries and a decision to increase the recovery time for those affected have put this on hold, as Saints again leave Nathan Frater, Tom Ward and Drew Roberts out of the squad for the visit of last years beaten finalists in the Ryman Premier League Play-Offs. 

Brett Longden joins them after taking a knock on Saturday but is expected to be involved next Saturday and Lee Clarke will also be missing, as he departs for holiday and best man duties for two weeks. 

The good news is that both Jack Wilkinson and Sam Harty will be involved after missing the first two matches. 


Saints are pleased to announce Lydia Bedford as the new St Neots Town saints U21's Manager for the 2015/16 season. 

Twenty-eight year old Lydia will we believe become the FIRST female manger of a male senior side in the country.

Currently employed as FA Elite Women's Coach Developer for the east since 2014, Lydia brings a strong track record of player development for both professional clubs and the FA and IS currently involved with the England Women's U17's.

Lydia has only recently returned from the European Championships.

Also a FA Level 4 / UEFA A Licence holder, Lydia has all the skills needed to help introduce the clubs talented youth players into senior football.

Saints Assistant Manager Steve Eastaugh who oversees the pathway to the first team from the U18s upwards said 'We are delighted that Lydia has decided to accept a position with us, adding another talented coach to our support staff.

She has come with very high recommendation from her peers at the FA and we look forward to working with her.'



 pre-Season Friendly


St Neots’ second Football League visitors in four days were Stevenage FC who had been beaten in the League Two play offs at the end of last season.  

The full timers were a well organised slick side and two goals in a five minutes first half spell were sufficient to earn them a narrow victory over a St Neots side that improved as the match wore on.   The second half was very closely contested and but for some good goalkeeping by Jackson, St Neots would have obtained at the very least a consolation goal. 

There was just one change from the Cambridge starting line up with Andrew Ofusu coming in to lead the attack for Ben Burton with Lee Clarke moving back into midfield.   

Once again the second half saw a plethora of substitutions by both sides as fringe players and trialists were given a chance to stake their claims.

The first player to catch the eye was Stevenage striker Akinyemi whose electric pace kept the St Neots defence at full stretch.  However he squandered the best early chance of the match scuffing his shot wide after an impressive third minute move.   However it was he who opened the scoring after a quarter of an hour when he ran at the St Neots defence before beating Danny Gay with a well-placed low angled shot that went in under the keeper’s dive.  

St Neots replied with a Tom Meechan volley from a Ryan Hawkins corner well saved by Jackson but after 20 minutes the lead was doubled when Rowe sped past his marker to send in a low cross converted by the lively Akinyemi with the St Neots defence slow to react.  

The big difference between the sides was the quality of passing by the Stevenage players that gave them more time on the ball leaving St Neots too often chasing shadows. 

Two goal line clearances in the same attack denied Dale Gorman a third Stevenage goal and St Neots were glad to get back to the dressing room at half time to regroup.

The transformation was dramatic as in the first 15 minutes after the restart St Neots created three excellent chances. 

Defender Connor Hall joined the attack to link cleverly with Ofusu before seeing Jackson at full stretch push his shot for a corner and then Ryan Hawkins shot narrowly wide after a good move.  

Kane Farrell had been introduced as the first St Neots substitute and he brought a smart save from Jackson and the only response from the visitors was a breakaway attack in which Gay saved well from Gorman.  

The two sides then seemed to cancel each other out with Stevenage happy to defend in numbers as St Neots pushed for a goal.  

The best late effort came from substitute Peter Clark whose shot was deflected by a defender with the goalkeeper stranded.  

All in all a very useful workout against higher graded opposition.


St Neots:  Gay, Anton, Longden, Thorne, Tann, Hall, Hawkins, Clarke, Ofusu, Meechan, Gordon.

 Second half substitutes:  Marango, Vieira, Clark, Burton, Maxwell, Farrell and Reynolds (gk)

 Attendance 415