St Neots Town U18 4:1 St. Ives Town U18
Round One
St Neots Town U18 4 : 1
St. Ives Town U18
Monday 14 March, 2016 19:45


Thurlow Nunn League KO Cup




ST NEOTS TOWN U18      4        ST IVES TOWN U18       1           




The all-in Thurlow Nunn League KO Cup is being staged much later this season so this was just a first round tie which resulted in a victory for St Neots. Coincidentally the result reversed by the same score a victory by St Ives at the Premier Plus Stadium in the Hunts County Cup earlier in the season.The two sides are now in different Divisions of the league and both are comfortably mid-table as the season nears its conclusion. The victory was as comfortable as the final score line suggests with St Neots dominant for much of the match.




The first half was played out at breakneck speed as St Neots were in front after just seven minutes when the tricky Claudio Ofosu turned his marker before firing in a narrow angled shot that took a slight deflection beyond goalkeeper Jordan Mitchell.  Seven minutes later only a fine save by Mitchell denied Ofosu a second goal after neat work by Chris Lewis. St Ives approach play looked good but their attacks all seemed to fall down on the edge of their opponents’ penalty area and Mitchell once again rescued his side with a smart save to deny Chris Lewis after unselfish play by the impressive Erhan Nurettin. However, after 32 minutes the lead was doubled when Shae Humphrey fed Ofosu and he set up Chris Lewis for the second St Neots’ goal. St Ives only real opening came from a Bailey Pillin free kick but that was deflected for a corner. St Neots skipper Isaac Clark had a header from a Charlie Lewis corner cleared off the line as St Neots continued to press and then Adam Parmenter almost put through his own goal as he attempted to clear a Ben Southwood shot.




St Ives competed better after ther restart but still struggled to create clear openings although George Reader tested Evan Jeckells from distance. A Humphrey shot was pushed for a corneer and an effort by Sam Davidson suffered the same fate at the other end. Mitchell produced the save of the match pushing a dipping shot from Ofosu over the bar as he tumbled backwards and then he saved well from man of the match Nurettin. After 70 minutes from a Charlie Lewis corner Jordan Heywood headed wide but three minutes later in a repeat move Heywood gort his name on the score shhet with a powerful headed finish. With thirteen minutes left St Ives did get a late breakthrough when Jeckells at full stretch could only push away an Evan Smith cross and Sam Davidson followed in to net but this proved too little too late as the ebulliant Claudio Ofosu had the final word with a 90th minute individual goal to complete the scoring.






St Neots: Jeckells, Humphrey, Heywood, Rudman, Clark, Lewis (Charlie), Lewis (Chris), Nurettin, Ofosu, Southwood, Bevan




Subs used:  Gooderham, Theodoulou, and Riley.




Cards: Ofosu Y – 75)




Goals (St Neots):  Ofosu 2 (7mins & 90 mins), Chris Lewis (32mins), Heywood (73 mins)






John Walker


League Table
P Pts
1 Berkhamstead FC 28 64
2 Halesowen Town 27 63
3 Corby Town 28 59
4 Welwyn Garden C... 29 51
5 Aylesbury Unite... 29 49
Upcoming Fixtures
No Result found
Latest Club Tweets