St Neots Town Reserves 3 : 0 Tring Town FC
St Neots Town Reserves 3 : 0
Tring Town FC
Saturday 19 November, 2016 15:00

Match Report: St Neots Town Reserves vs Tring Town AFC - 19th November 2016

Saints Squad: Jeckells, Partridge (c), Fitzgerald, Ashby, Bambridge, Sincock, Stevens, Swain, Humphrey, Smith, Douglas-Smith.
Subs: Brolia, Gillespie, Walsh, Mitchell, Reynolds

With a break in fixtures last week and today's match opponents changing more times than Bebe Rexha outfit changes at the MTV EMA's, the return fixture at home vs Tring Town AFC was a chance for Saints reserves to get three points after the disappointing draw with MK Unite two weeks ago. With Bish away on wedding duties, Gearsy made a few changes in midfield and upfront. From the start Saints dominated this game, wave upon wave of attacks saw chances pepper the Tring Town goal. If it wasn't for poor finishing or the Tring Town goalkeeper having a fantastic game
, Saints would and should have been 5-0 up before the break. The only concern for Saints in dominating the game, the feeling Tring would pinch something on the break always loomed. In the 42nd minute, the Saints youngsters stepped up to present the opener. It was an attack down the left from the impressive Shae Humphrey that finally made the breakthrough, Humphrey's cross was met by Jake Smith’s head and his powerful connection flew past the Tring town keeper for a 1-0 lead. Saints continued to press in the dying minutes of the first half and could have extended their lead but at halftime it was Saints up 1-0.

The second half kicked off the same as the first with Saints dominating and chances being created and wasted, with Tring Town not getting into the Saints half. Gearsy
’s first sub on 60 mins was to introduce Aldo Walsh on for the returning Bambridge, a slight shuffle of players and within minutes a good passage of play saw the ball fall to the inform Luke Swain on the edge of the area who finished with a low powerful drive for 2-0. Again Saints pressed and continued to create, local lad Tom Mitchell was brought on for his Saints debut replacing Ashby and when Jake Smith was brought down for a penalty, Shae Humphrey stepped up and scored to extend Saints lead to 3-0 and the game was won. There was still time for Reynolds to come on for Sincock and again Saints pressed and created without increasing the lead and the game finished 3-0 to Saints. How this wasn't a 15-0 scoreline is praise for Tring Town’s keeper and Saints poor finishing. We need to put finishing back on the training agenda with a quarter final vs AFC Stanground away next Saturday. For Evan Jeckells… a cold nothing to do game in between the sticks!!

Man of the Match: Luke Swain